Each apartment is supplied with a ducted, water cooled, reverse cycle, air conditioning system for heating and cooling each apartment. It is connected to the Common Property cooling towers located on the roof of the building. The Strata Council is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the boiler, cooling towers and condenser water systems only.
Owners and residents have exclusive use of the air conditioning system and components servicing their apartment and are responsible for the repair and maintenance and replacement if required.
To ensure correct use and maintenance of the air conditioning system please refer to the instructions provided in your Owners Pack.
Please note: The air conditioning system within your apartment has been designed for full air conditioning.
The temperature display on the controller(s) directs the air conditioning system to turn on (or off) at the number selected if running on “auto”. It is recommended you set the temperature at 23°C in summer and 21°C in winter. However, a number of environmental factors may affect the actual temperature achieved.
The following tips will assist in optimising the performance of the air conditioning system:
- Where there is more than one air conditioning unit servicing an apartment, ensure all settings on the controllers are the same. This will assist in achieving an even temperature.
- The system can be set to either “cool” or “heat”, or it can be set to automatically switch from heating to cooling to maintain a consistent temperature via the “Auto” setting.
- Controls can also be configured to circulate air at all times or be turned off when there is no demand for heating or cooling.
- Setting the system to extreme high or low temperature does not improve the systems’ performance or increase the rate of heating or cooling
- DO NOT leave your apartment closed up for more than four hours with low temperature selected on the thermostat. This may cause freezing of condensate drains and cause water damage.
- To maximise air flow and the efficiency of the system, leave all internal doors open.
- The system is not designed for use with external windows and doors open
- Use of blinds and curtains are recommended to avoid heat gain and heat loss.
As stated above. Owners are responsible for the repair & Maintenance and replacement, if required, of the air conditioning system servicing their apartment. Please note that the warranty provided is conditional on maintenance being undertaken to the manufacturers recommendations during the warranty period, including routine maintenance, checking the disposable type air filter and checking various items. Refer to the details included in your Owners Pack.
To access the air filter, you may be required to access the fan coil unit behind the ceiling access panel. The access panel is heavy and should be opened with care by two people. A safety chain is fitted and must be replaced on its catch when closing the panel.
For instructions on how to use your air-conditioner click here.